The front desk assistant at Rover Stay Over provides top-notch, friendly service to our customers while checking pets in and out of the facility.
- Answering the phone and email inquiries.
- Scheduling boarding and daycare visits for dogs.
- Scheduling grooming appointments for dogs and cats.
- Greeting customers and interacting in a friendly manner—every time!
- Accepting and documenting payments; credit card processing.
- Daily reporting/reconciling of accounts receivable.
- Communicating with co-workers in person and via walkie-talkie system.
- Occasionally help transition pets to and from check-in/grooming.
- Help keep office area clean and tidy.
- Lock/unlock facility as needed.
- Other tasks as directed by kennel manager or Rover owners.
- High school diploma required. Experience with customer service, working or volunteering in a vet clinic or boarding facility desired.
- Must have a true affection for all kinds of dogs including puppies, elderly and ill/injured.
- A positive, friendly, can-do attitude is required; able to work together as a team.
- Availability during shift times shared above.
- Reliability – as a small business we will be counting on you to be here on your scheduled days; must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to follow directions, work without supervision, multi-task, and change gears quickly.
- Knowledge of computer (scheduling software, email, data entry).
- Able to safely lift at least 50 pounds.
- This is not a seasonal short-term job. Applicants must be dog lovers who want to be part of our team for an extended period.
- Shifts are Saturday (7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.), Sunday (split shifts: 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.) and Monday (7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. OR if slow, split shift like Sunday). Sorry, we do not have any openings for internships, or after-school only schedules now.
- Our busiest times are during holidays (while the rest of the world is on vacation/spending time with their families). Rover employees are often required to work shifts during major holidays including Thanksgiving and Christmas.
JOB: Customer Service Assistant/Front Desk
REPORTS TO: Kennel manager and Rover owners
No phone calls or drop-ins, please. Email resume and cover letter to Rover Stay Over — firstname.lastname@example.org — ASAP; position open until filled.